October 12, 2012

Writer's Block (sort of)

Every writer needs some inspiration to get the ball rolling. Something to give them that boost. Something that they can write about, and it sticks out and tells the world "Hey! I'm interesting enough to spill my mindset to the anonymous blog dwellers out there!" Thankfully, I am not a writer. I like to think of myself as such, given that I blindly let my fingers hit the keyboard and extract what's inside that brain of mine. But I don't dedicate myself full time to this sort of thing. Just on occasion. Most days. Whenever I feel like it. Potato.

Sorry, I got sidetracked there. But since I'm not really a writer, I'm allowed to do that right? Spew out the garbage and save the sane and mundane for a rainy day? Bah, who am I kidding? Wales is nothing but rain. In fact, my feet are still drenched from two days ago when I walked through that puddle I like. You know the one. He picked on me in high school. You stood there laughing with your... your... your music, and your headphones. And your other things that's popular in youth culture today. Your.

I'm getting this inspiration to blog more frequently from my friend. My sister. My sister friend. My friend sister. Platonic sisters ('cause you know, I'm a girl now...). That, and the movie Ruby Sparks. I've literally just come home from the cinema and since the movie follows the life of a writer, it gave me the feeling that I should blog more often. I know what you're thinking. You're thinking "But Oliver! Your blogs are more depressing than the starving children in third world countries!" Let's face it - I have been writing very negatively lately. I do apologise; for the atmosphere is lacking, here in Cardiff. Lacking that sociability. Nobody's visited my place. Nobody calls me. And worst off, I now sound like an old-aged pensioner, and nobody wants that.

...

I've reached the point where I lack the motivation to continue. Writer's block is a bitch isn't it? Although, I'm not a writer. Programmer-who-likes-to-waste-precious-Internet-space... block... Don't judge me.

Seriously, I need some help here. Nothing interesting enough happens! It's turning into a diary. All I need is a pretty pink cover and jewels over my page and I'll be just like a little girl!

Tell you what, I need a job. That'll fill the void.

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment